The Impact of Digital Marketing After Covid [Updated for 2022]
FUN FACT: Did you know, predating Covid-19, web visitors took only 50 milliseconds to form an opinion about your website.
Marketing has come a long way since the traditional routes of DL flyers and TV advertising. With the arrival of smartphones followed the flurry of social media and the formation of powerhouse digital marketing avenues stemming from social giants like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok. Due to the abundant supply of avenues now available to choose from, digital marketing has become cheaper than traditional marketing. If done correctly, the ROI on your marketing budget can be huge.
Here are some current statistics that can shape and inspire your marketing decisions
Growth of the digital marketing industry (2021-2022)
- Research and Markets anticipated the global marketing automation market size to reach USD 8.42 billion by 2027 (Source: Research Markets)
- 77% of business owners had an increase in conversions after using marketing automation software, according to Sales Fusion. (Source: SugarCRM)
- Studies show that by 2018, 18% of all retail sales will take place online and by 2040, it is thought 95% of purchases will be facilitated by e-commerce. (Source: Nasdaq)
- 64% of surveyed small businesses use social media in their marketing strategy. (Source: The Manifest)
- 50% of consumers believe that website design is crucial to a business. (Source: HubSpot)
- In 2015 there were only 260 publicly known IoT platforms and this has surged to over 613 platforms in 2021 (Source: IoT Analytics)
True popularity and effectiveness of video
- Video has become the most commonly used format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics. (Source: Hubspot)
- 80% of video marketers claim that video has directly increased sales. (Source: Hubspot)
Blog article marketing facts
When creating content for your blog, it is important to feature different kinds of content for different target audiences. Additionally, be aware of the different stages within the sales funnel they may sit in, and the information they are looking for.
A broad variety of content and topics will serve different goals such as building awareness about your brand, educating, demonstrating the need for your product or service, and creating trust and credibility in your company.
Quality content will help your prospects move through the sales funnel quicker, to ultimately engage with your service or buy your product.
- You can expect about 67% more leads every month if your brand has a blog (compared to ones that don’t!) (Source: G2)
- In the marketing industry, the top-performing articles are over 5,700 words in length. (SEMrush, 2019) (Source: Hubspot)
- Content creation leads to 434% more indexed pages than websites without updated content. The key is to create as many pathways around the web for customers to find you. (Source: Omnicore Agency)
Interesting email marketing statistics
- Personalized emails get 6x Higher Transaction Rates, but only 30% of brands use them. (Source: Experian)
- About 69.57% of all online shopping carts are abandoned. Thankfully, sending an email about an abandoned cart has a 45% chance of being opened, which can remind buyers of their original interest. (Source: Moosend)
Form Statistics to Help Decrease Form Abandonment
- The average form length is 5 form fields, which usually results in the highest conversion rates. (Source: HubSpot)
- The top three reasons for abandonment include unexpected costs (shipping, taxes, fees), required account creation, complicated checkout process. (Source: Baymard)
- Multi-step forms in WordPress can lead to 300% more conversions. (Source: Venture Harbour)
- 12% of people will abandon a form during an online checkout if there are no trust badges. (Source: WPForms)
- Using a quiz-like form to capture information has the potential to triple conversions. (Source: WPForms)
With new apps released everyday and digital consumption growing exponentially due to lockdown, there are endless digital marketing opportunities for your business.
The hardest part undeniably lies in working out which marketing stream suits your industry best. This comes from understanding your target audience and which platforms they interact with depending on their lifestyle habits. This knowledge will allow you to attack the source and create content which will resonate stronger with your consumers.
With so much information out there, it’s best to stay informed with facts and statistics to make the most effective marketing calls.